Camping & Picnic Permits
Camping and Picnic permits will be issued, based upon availability, to town residents over the age of 21. Permits must be applied for in person at the Smithtown Department of Parks:
100 East Main Street
Kings Park, NY
Call first at (631) 269-1122.
Picnic permits are issued after January 1 for events between May 1 and the 1st weekend of October at Hoyt Farm , and for events between May 1 and September 30 for the following parks and beaches:
- Brady Park
- Callahan's Beach
- Schubert's Beach
- Short Beach
- Veterans Memorial Park
Schubert Beach and Hoyt Farm Pavilion
- 11 to 50 People - $125.00
- 51 to 100 People - $250.00
- People Exclusively Under Pavilion Schuberts - $350.00
- 101 to 200 People - HOYT - $350.00
- 201 to 300 People - $450.00
- 301 to 400 People - $550.00
- 401 to 500 People Whole Picnic Area Schuberts - $650.00
Small Pavilion (Water View)
- 11 to 25 People - $100.00
Picnic Areas - No Pavilion
- 11 to 50 People - $100.00
- 51 to 100 People - $150.00
- 101 to 200 People - $250.00
- 201 to 300 People - $350.00
- 301 to 400 People - $500.00
Camping Fees Up to 10 People - $35.00
Non Resident Vehicle Parking Fees
- $12 per vehicle per day at Town Parks (only if you are attending a "Group Outing" with a resident who acquired a permit)
Camping permits are issued for weekends only. Camping dates are between Memorial Day weekend and September 16 at Short Beach and between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend at Callahan's Beach.
Non Resident Vehicle Parking Fees at Town Beaches
$12.00 per vehicle per day (only if you are attending a "Group Outing" with a resident who acquired a permit).
NOTE:Excludes Short Beach as there is no non-resident parking available.
Due to liability restrictions carnival type attractions and/or apparatus (i.e. dunk tanks, bouncing tents, animal rides, etc.) are strictly prohibited in town facilities.
Cash or check only.